In one of The Coaching Centre coach mentoring programs last week a coach asked “why do people not understand that their emotions are only emotions and not commands, when do we gain effective emotional awareness?”. I asked “have you ever been had by your emotions? Have you ever done something because you couldn’t bear the pain? Did you learn focused material on the subject?”
After admitting he had been had by his emotions, we discussed how emotions can be very general when someone else is referring to them. Is this why we ask specific questions?
I proceeded to explain we gain more accurate information about emotions in our own education and experience when we not only learn for ourself but we can support other people to become more focused and learn how emotions can be disobeyed, regulated, monitored, and turned up and down if and when you choose.
How do I gain emotional awareness skills?
The skill for developing flexibility over emotions typically occurs through learning meta-states and that seeing the social and cultural constructs of our past where we added the meaning in our own frame of mind towards events of the past, yet these constructs may in fact not serve us best anymore. The coach had completed some neuro semantic trainings with me in the past and he said “oh yes I remember, we are more than our emotions”. Correct. So is that something you would like to learn more about?
Our conversation then covered the distinctions around how we can minimise our focus on pain and aversion to open up for equanimity and expressing more joy. Learn to easily free yourself from emotional reactions and live a more fulfilling life.
If this program is something that interests you now, the one day emotional intelligence (EQ) program is on the 5th of November in Orange, reserve your seat!
What you’ll learn with Emotional Awareness
• Lead and manage your emotions positively with emotional awareness
• Be increasingly responsible and accountable for your behaviour
• Take charge of your internal self-talk and set aside negative thinking
• Learn essential language skills for developmental communication (beliefs, values, and identity)
• Think like an entrepreneur, and blow out excuses for not achieving success, lack of confidence, financial insecurity, fear of failure, not knowing what to do
• Never be intimidated, fearful or anxious no matter what challenges you face
• Enrich your experience of life with more passion as you discover how to get to the highest levels of our mind and set the frames that will empower you for the kinds of relationships, career, health, etc, that you want
• Maintain a mindset of focus, self-discipline and ownership in your goal setting.
Start living a more pleasurable life today, talk to Shawn now about this program – 0439194323
Contact us to reserve your seat today
[contact-form-7 id=”717″ title=”Kwoon Contact Form”]